This Synthesis Report presents the main findings of the 2015 EMN Focussed Study on “Dissemination of information on voluntary return: How to reach irregular migrants not in contact with the authorities”. The overall aim of this study is to inform Member States and the Commission about the different approaches employed in the EU Member States and Norway to ensure that irregular migrants are informed of options for return, with particular reference to voluntary and assisted voluntary return.
2. The scale and nature of the problem
3. National legislation and policy on the dissemination of information on voluntary return
4. Overall national approaches to disseminating information on (voluntary) return
5. Specific information campaigns
6. Evidence of effectiveness